By providing supply chain reliability, Armstrong demonstrates its Credo of “building trust.”
Three generations of continuity of ownership and operating philosophy have generated consistent, reasonable, annual profits each year since 1957. Armstrong’s foundation of fiscal continuity enables investments in functional continuity, resulting in supply chain reliability. Our disaster recovery objectives are to protect human assets, protect informational assets and provide for continuity of operations.
Armstrong employs technology and processes to minimize the impact of a disaster and provide for timely recovery within our existing headquarters facility in Memphis, Tenn. In the event this is not possible, Armstrong operates a redundant data center in Dallas, Texas, enabling any service outage to be restored within two hours.
Additionally, UniGroup has a similar contingency plan to support Armstrong and all agents of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
Should technology or software fail, Armstrong can revert to manual processes. While such an action would impair efficiencies, it could be done until no longer necessary.
Armstrong has contingency plans to resume operations at other locations should such action become necessary. These plans are maintained and tested on a frequent basis.
In the event of a business disruption or disaster that impairs or destroys our physical operating locations, Armstrong has contracted an outsourced supplier to provide all key elements needed to restore operations quickly, anywhere across North America. Elements provided include: temporary mobile or commercial office space; power generation; computer systems and equipment; and phone and Internet communication.
- "GREAT attitude, complete explanation and willing to do whatever it took. NOT an easy move and this crew was efficient and careful in all its work. Really remarkable crew."
Z.K., June 2015
- "I've moved 4 times in the past 5 years -- including 2 cross country moves. This was the best moving crew on both ends that I've ever had. The packing job was EXCEPTIONAL and they really cared about taking care of my belongings. This was the first move I've had where not one single item broke. THANKS for the diligence!"
C.S., July 2015
- "Our driver was kind and considerate, professional and personable. He took special care with heirlooms and personal objects. He had a wonderful personality and kept everything moving along."
W.G., July 2015
- "Our driver and crew did a great job of loading and unloading our goods. I would definitely recommend!"
D.D., July 2015
- "The entire crew was awesome. I had recently lost a family member and these individuals were caring, compassionate, and very attentive. They handled me with sensitivity and checked in on me at various times as well as just emailing or calling to offer condolences. What a fantastic and exceptional group of people."
M.W., June 2015